Follow the Flow, Friend.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

DIY soundsystem upgrade

My gf purchased a new Produa Alza recently. I was fun to drive, nice handling and very spacious! All worth the money for this upgrade!

Well, being a car enthusiast i done some "body checking" and found that the sound system was not so fancy at all. I think its the worst among all new cars!



So, i began doing some "operations" on it to see whats behind the door panel, so i took out my tools and start korek!

OMG! the original speaker like my plate inside my kitchen! so thin! no wonder the sound so awful. So i took some measurement and it the OEM speakers was 6 inches only.




After that, i went to accessories shop to get those with thicker magnet and Watts aftermarket speakers. Then, i come across this! Cheap and nice sound!




I chose the 6.5 inches one instead and only need minor modification on the wiring part. An upgrade of the sound proof door will be nicer.





After installing back the door. Then my newly ordered aftermarket Hertz tweeter has arrived from KL, so i began to tear down the front door panel as well.




Fresh from the oven! and i already accidentally dented the front plate of the tweeter! FML.






All these upgrades and DYI cost less than RM200. I doubt you get this price for 4 woofer speakers and 1 pair tweeter for this price. Before that, i also done a gear light indicator upgrade and installed green color LED inside. In stock Alza dont have gear light indicator! what a rip off!



All plastic and easy to remove.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home