Follow the Flow, Friend.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

New Laws

New Laws


The GST ( government service tax) hike & smoking ban on clubs will kick in on the 1st July 2007 in Singapore. Poor souls of the Merlions. I feel you.


Smoking ban seems extended to clubs and pubs. Before that, there was actually a ban only on coffee shops, currently; the government will be limited smoking area on these clubbing places. New era of clubbing without tobacco, feeling funny innit? Well, Singapore government promoting awareness to their citizens from smoking habit. I admit, smoking is bad for health, but to ban smoking in clubs is really simply ridiculous. Drink without a ciggy is like going to the beach in sleeping pajamas. So uncomfortable, no fun at all. Oh, well, it’s only my point of view; I’m sure SG government has plenty of idea rather than just to ban tobacco in clubs. How to club in Singapore next time? By the way, For your infomation, clubbing is never a healthy activity hor.



Another blow is the GST hike, from 5% to a hefty 7%. Next time 10% how? The inflation of economy already so bad, now increase 7% GST, my wallet it’s gonna bleed, as additional of at least 50 bucks extra on my monthly expenditure. My salary still same some more. Die la…. Only Singaporeans have a certain rebate, what about us? No rebate? Nothing at all? I am stilll consider half Singaporean you know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home