Follow the Flow, Friend.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Generation

Generation

I was still recovering the damn flu, when I light a ciggy and wonder my mind off to the land of paradise, sitting on the couch at home yesterday. Suddenly, I recall something my uncle used to say, a very Chinese way.

I dunno if you guys heard the story before or not, but in anyway, I try to elaborate whatever I can remember k?

You see, Chinese always believe that one’s fortune can only last for 3 generations, which categorize as, the 1st generation will fight and work with all their might to gain fruitful results during end of the day. Endless hard work i would say. To build an empire from nothing.

Then come the 2nd generation to enjoy all the profits, a better life and thus spending all way without educating the following generation on how the money came from. Eventually, when the 2nd Generation didn’t respond to a discipline behavior on guarding the fortune. And this geranation enjoys it all.

By the 3rd generation, they will not get the message and continue using up all their funds. In the end, the fortune of one’s family always runs dry on somewhere. Disaster is formed. Not to mentioned family issues related to money.

Vice versa, a family’s fortune will also grow within 3 generations stage.

I actually believe it. I know how it feels to be under poverty level and you stretch yourself just being in the game. Which once, you had a life of a prince.

Moral of the story? When your on higher ground, make sure you educate your young ones understand the fortune concept. And make use of every resource the right way. Old folks always says “to build a foundation of success is tough, but to maintain the foundation is even tougher”



My uncle also mentioned before, TRUST is a powerful tool in life. Without it, you are basically nothing. I truly agreed with him. “It takes 3 years to trust someone, but it only took 3 minutes to distrust them. “ And no book in the whole wide world teaches you to be honest and truthful in life. This is your principle build in your very way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home