Follow the Flow, Friend.

Monday, May 5, 2008

unconditional love

unconditional love

I didn’t know what to blog lately.

Empty. But I took this opportunity to blog about my grandpa, since I saw Kenny sia’s blog-ed about his father. Since I didn’t contribute much after grandpa’s absent in the world, so I thought I should dedicate this entry to him.

It was 16th of April 1996, I was having basketball session with my pals, and then my cousin came looked for me at the court. I was shocked when was told grandpa was in coma.

Upon arriving at the hospital, He’s still breathing, but the moment I hold his hand, he passed away eventually. He was struggling to survive until I came. This must be his last wish before his last breath. For me, his eldest grand child, to be by his side.

Followed by very emotional situation I must say. My Grandpa died suddenly due to lung system failure. Ya, he was a smoker.

I was 17 year old when he was gone. I didn’t even have a chance to thank his love for me for so many years, but one thing for sure, I was very close with my grandpa. I’d always be the naughty grand child who wants everything from him. And I will accompany him most of the evenings after his work. Just sat down and watch television or chatting up.

My cousins always envy at me. What I had, they can’t have it. Well, let’s just say I do spend more time with my grand parents all along. You guys can’t compare like you’re not they grand child, just that maybe the distance relationship thingy, you know? I literally had supper mostly only with my grandpa instead of my friends in those days.

It’s been 12 years since you’re gone. I will remember all the things you taught and guided me. How can I forget you cycled 18KM off Malacca just to sell your gula Malacca. To earned a living to support your siblings. Life was tough, I knew, but I guess you been blessed with wonderful children’s and grand children’s who loved you in the end, so life to you was a success!!

So here, I wish you well, where ever you may be. And I am proud to be your eldest grand kid.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home